Building Trust as a Team Member – 16 Things You Can Do!
Photo Credit: www.BigStockPhoto.com
Establishing and maintaining TRUST as a team member is absolutely ESSENTIAL to the team’s success. It’s up to each team member to earn the trust of each of his or her team members and then maintain that trust on an ongoing basis.
Consider these 16 ways to earn your team mates’ trust:
1. Never say unkind words about them or others when they’re not present to defend themselves
2. Offer your help expecting nothing in return
3. Say “thank you” often
4. Apologize whenever necessary
5. Compliment them and say great things about them — specific and sincere – in front of others
6. Make time for them
7. Listen, be fully present and give them your complete attention
8. Share your mistakes and what you learned from those mistakes
9. Ask for their advice and share outcomes
10. Follow up and follow through with your promises and commitments to them
11. Spend time with them; get to know them as a “whole” person
12. Remember the details and important things about them
13. Share credit with them — willingly and sincerely
14. Stand up for them, particularly when they’re not present to defend themselves
15. Respect their personality and their communication style and preferences
16. Look for, encourage and celebrate the best from them
Start by taking 3 things you can do this week to establish trust with a team member.
Executive Coach Executive Success Partners… A Service Offering of CRG Leadership Institute LLC 239-285-5575 Andy@ExecutiveSuccessPartners.com
“Helping high-performing executives and business leaders maximize their influence and impact.”